American University of Sharjah - UAE - American MBA
The American University of Sharjah (AUS) is an independent, not-for-profit, coeducational institution offering an authentic American education in a Middle Eastern setting. Founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qassimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Sharjah, the university has earned a reputation throughout the region for its academic excellence and multicultural campus life.Request a brochure
Despite being based on the American model of higher education AUS is grounded in Arab culture and is part of a larger process of the revitalization of intellectual life in the Middle East. AUS is proud of its role as a leading comprehensive coeducational university, serving students from the region and around the world.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program has been designed to provide graduates with the skills they need to be competitive in today's dynamic, global marketplace. Today's business school graduates must be exposed to the latest techniques and most current business practices if they are to be prepared to pursue careers in an ever-changing and complex world.
Here is why you should pursue your MBA at AUS!
-Best in the Gulf. The AUS MBA was recently ranked by Forbes Middle East as the best MBA program in the Gulf region and 2nd best in the MENA region.
- AACSB Accredited. The School of Business Administration is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – awarded to less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs.
- The AUS MBA is flexible. Classes are offered in the evening and may be taken on a part-time or full-time basis allowing you to fit your studies into your busy life.
- General MBA or a Concentration? We offer 2 concentrations including Finance and Human Resource Management.
- Study abroad. You will have the option to study abroad at one of our partner institutions including the Kedge Business School in France, Maastricht University in the Netherlands, and ISEP partner (www.isep.org) institutions.
- Professors that live and work here. With over 80 full-time, resident faculty members from 28 different countries you will receive personal attention from professors who both live and work in the Gulf region and understand the global business arena.
- Powerful alumni network. Be a part of a network of more than 7,000 AUS alumni including seasoned business professionals that are eager to lend their support.
- Career development services. Take advantage of coaching sessions on interviewing skills, salary negotiation, the development of personal marketing plans, job search strategies, and career planning and recruitment events.
- Assistantships and work/study opportunities. Investing in graduate study can require a significant investment. We offer assistantships and work/study options on a competitive basis.
- A place to call home. The AUS campus is a traditional university campus comprised of a vibrant community of students from over 80 countries that is located only a few minutes from Dubai, one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.
As you can see AUS is truly a special place! We offer an MBA program that is rigorous and focused on developing you as a highly sought after business professional capable of addressing the complex challenges faced by today’s businesses.
Type of Course:
- MBA (flex-time)
AACSB, UAE Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, US Middle States Association (University)
MBA program was recently ranked 1st in the GCC and 2nd in MENA region by Forbes Middle East
Fall 2017: August 2017 Spring 2018: January 2018
Length of Course:
The time required tp complete the program will depend on the needs of the individual student. All requirements must be completed within 5 years, but can be completed in as little as 15 months.
- Pre-MBA course: 3 courses (4.5 credit hours); usually for non-business undergraduates
- General MBA: 11 courses (33 credit hours)
- MBA with concentration: 12 courses (36 credits)
Explanation: Our program can be completed in as little as 15 months by a full-time student with a strong undergraduate GPA who is able to waive the Pre-MBA courses or as much as 5 years, depending on the student's situation.
2 possible Concentrations
- Human Resource Management
Spring 2017: January 2017
Ratio of applicants to places: 2:1
Number of nationalities: 60
• Africa 5%
• Asia 20%
• Eastern Europe 5 %
• Middle East 60%
• North America 5 %
• Western Europe 5 %
Men: Women Ratio: 44:56
Age Range: 22-30
Average Age: 28
Length of Work Experience:
Average: 3.1 years
Applicant must have:
- Completed a 4 year bachelor degree from an independently accredited university
- Attained a cumulative GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for full admission, and GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for conditional admission
- Have attained
- an International TOEFL 550 on the AUS version), or a TOEFL internet- based score of 80.
- OR a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 academic.
- Submit an acceptable result on the AUS MBA Admissions Test
GMAT: May substitute for the AUS MBA Admissions Test for applicants outside of the UAE (minimum score of 500 expected)
MBA Admission Test: Results are considered together with the undergraduate GPA
- Statistics and computer skills
- Three references
- Official transcript
- Interview (case-by-case basis, depending on undergraduate GPA)
Tuition fees: UAE Dirham 4,660 per credit hour
The program will cost between AED 153,780 and 180,000, depending on whether Pre-MBA is taken and whether it is with concentration. Our Student Accounts office and program coordinator can work with you or your employer to arrange convenient payment schedules.
Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance: AED 40,000 per year (less by 30% if shared accommodation)
American University of Sharjah,
PO Box 26666,
Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 6 515 2028
Fax: +971 6 515 2393
Name(s) of a specific person whom the candidates can contact:
MBA program director: Dr. Patrick L. McClelland - email@example.com
MBA admissions director: Rami Mahfouz - firstname.lastname@example.org
MBA Coordinator: Merle Antonio - email@example.com