Amsterdam Business School - The Netherlands - European MBA
The Amsterdam MBA
A fully accredited programme (1 year full time or 2 years part time) in the heart of Amsterdam - one of Europe's main business centers. An internationally oriented programme with small class sizes, a genuine personal approach, and an emphasis on diversity in backgrounds and experience.
The Amsterdam MBA will introduce you to the three R’s: rigour, relevance and reliability.
We will make the theory relevant for you by linking it to practice, bringing the business world into the classroom and taking you out into the business world. Reliability is key to confidence in your knowledge, and understanding of its limitations. As a business manager, you need to be able to talk to various specialists in their own language, but also to know when to defer to their expertise.
The Amsterdam MBA is offered as a full-time one-year programme and a part-time two-year programme. All the primary business topics are taught in the core courses. By choosing four electives, the Amsterdam MBA can be tailored to your own business interests. The curriculum provides broad coverage of the main functional areas of management: strategy, executive process, corporate finance, accounting, international business, marketing, information systems, human resources, negotiations.
Our keen awareness of the importance of leadership competencies in professional development led to the establishment of our Amsterdam Leadership Programme®. Through this programme, we aim to give you the high-quality business and management training that will enable you to develop into an effective leader, a leader who conveys what our MBA stands for - an international orientation - and characterised by a strong understanding of the importance of a genuine personal approach.
Typically, graduates go on to careers in areas in which a thorough understanding of the complexities of international business is essential. Our personalised career service helps students to make sound career choices and assists them in areas such as writing a cover letter, preparing a professional CV and good interviewing techniques. MBA students have been very successful after their graduation. For our graduating classes of 2010 and 2011, most students (82%) found a job within three months after their graduation, while the other 18% found a job within six months after they graduated. Graduates’ average salaries increased by 24% compared to pre-MBA levels.
- 12 months full-time or 24 months part-time evening programme
- 87 EC
- Amsterdam Leadership Programme® and International Study trip as part of core curriculum
- Truly international in students, faculty and content
- Promotes effective leadership and uses a personal approach
- For ambitious managers and professionals
- Small-scale, interactive classes, linking theory to practice
- Located in one of Europe’s main financial and business centres
- With a full suite of career services
Degree and accreditation
- Degree: MBA
- Awarded by the University of Amsterdam
- NVAO accredited by the Dutch Government
- The Amsterdam Business School is EQUIS accredited by EFMD
Fees and funding
- Tuition fee MBA full-time: €31,000
- Tuition fee MBA part-time: €35,000
- The tuition fee covers the entire programme including courses, readers, international study trip, university registration and examination fees. The fee does not cover text books, living expenses, or acommodation
- There is no application fee
- Early bird discount of €3,000 for candidates admitted before March 1st, 2014
- Education: Bachelor or Master university degree
- Work experience: A minimum of 3 years full-time relevant business experience
- Tests: GMAT (minimum score 600)
- English language proficiency: TOEFL (minimum score 100) or IELTS (minimum score 7); native speaker, applicants with an English-language university degree, and applicants with international work experience may be exempted from the English language proficiency test
Number of Nationalities: 19
- Eastern Europe: 14 %
- Western Europe: 44 %
- North America: 15 %
- Asia: 23 %
- Africa: 2 %
- Middle East: 2 %
Male to Female ratio: 60
Age Range: 24-45 years
Average Age: 30 years
Length of Work Experience:
- 6-10 years: 37%
- 3-5 years: 63%
Plantage Muidergracht 12
1018 TV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
+31 20 525 5655