Birmingham Business School - United Kingdom, Singapore - European MBA
The Birmingham MBA is internationally-acclaimed; - constantly ranked in global ranking tables and accredited by leading bodies, AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, and has continued to hold a place at the forefront of business education since 1902.
Promotion. New industry. More responsibility; each big step in our careers requires the right guidance. A full-time Birmingham MBA has helped professionals across the world gain the skills required to perform at the highest levels.Request a brochure
At Birmingham we offer a 12 month MBA programme, with pathways in International Business or Global Banking and Finance. Students can extend their study by another nine months or twelve months by completing a Diploma the year before their MBA study. We also offer a part time MBA programme, studied over 2.5 to 4.5 years.
- As a research-led School, the latest thinking and techniques can be rapidly incorporated and teaching kept at the cutting edge
- Classes and seminars supplement lectures, where fuller analysis and discussion takes place and important business skills, such as analysis, argument and synthesis, can be developed
- Case studies are used as a means of relating theory to practical situations and students will often work in small groups with other students on assignments designed to develop problem solving and interpersonal skills
- A series of industrial seminars, given by outside speakers from industry and commerce, provides contemporary ‘real world’ perspectives on the business environment – past visitors to the School have included Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England (and a former professor of the University of Birmingham) and Sir John Bond, Chairman of HSBC Holdings
- A residential weekend business simulation requires you to manage a ‘company’ team in competition with others, against tight deadlines and with a range of rapidly changing data to assimilate and act upon
- Cross-Cultural Management skills are developed in a variety of workshops and Issues in Global Competitiveness are the focus of a specialist series of seminars
- Researching and writing a project develops skills in information gathering, analysis and report writing
- A supporting programme of consultant delivered career-development workshops allow you to reflect on the impact of what you have learnt on your future career development
“There are 49 students in our full time MBA cohort this year (2016/17), from twenty two different countries. Over 30% of the cohort is female, and our students come from a variety of sector backgrounds.
Broadly, the Birmingham MBA entry criteria are a good Honours degree or equivalent professional qualification with three to five years’ work experience including extensive managerial experience or professional responsibility.
2016/17 fee: £25,000”
Victoria Malin, MBA Recruitment and Admissions Officer
+44 (0)121 414 4378