Munich Business School - Germany - Global MBA
About Munich Business School (MBS)
Since its founding in 1991, Munich Business School (MBS) has educated leaders for the international business world. MBS is one of Germany's best business schools and consistently places amongst the top schools in all relevant university rankings.
The Munich MBA - MBA International Management (full-time)
The 15-month full-time MBA International Management program prepares graduates for working in a complex multicultural world. The program targets international candidates with a non-business degree but offers enough depth for business degree holders seeking to further refine and strengthen their education. Students may select two of four elective courses, an international focus (Germany and Europe, Latin America, or China) as well as an international or practical immersion in Term 3, choosing from the following three options:
• International Consulting Project + 1 International Week
• Internship + 1 International Week
• Study abroad.
This approach allows students to enhance knowledge regarding a specific country or organization before demonstrating their acquired skills with their Master Thesis.
MBA General Management (part-time)
This 24-month part-time program is especially designed for executive managers and future leaders. Being taught in English, it attracts many expats from all over the world. The curriculum covers topics from three major General Management modules: Business & Management Knowledge, Executive & Leadership Skills, and International Business Environment. Furthermore, students may select two of the four following elective courses:
• Social Entrepreneurship
• Global Supply Chain Management
• Digital Business Transformation
• Management in Emerging Markets.
In addition, two International Weeks at SDA Bocconi in Milan and Singapore Management University offer further insights into European and Asian business environments.
Our Trademark: Internationality
Munich Business School is one of Germany's most international universities. More than 80% of full-time MBA students and around 50% of the part-time MBA students have an international background. Moreover, the university's internationality is characterized by numerous special features of the study concept:
• Focus on international markets
• Partner universities around the globe
• Internships abroad
• International lecturers
• International Weeks etc.
Type of Course:
• MBA International Management (full-time)
• MBA General Management (part-time)
• U-Multirank (2016): In the area of “Teaching & Learning”, MBS belongs to Germany’s best universities, in the aspect of “International Orientation”, the independent ranking counts MBS even among the “Global Top 25 Performers”.
• Wirtschaftswoche (2015): For the seventh consecutive time in the top ten of the best Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany.
• Die ZEIT/Centrum für Hochschulentwicklung (2011/2012): Business Administration (Best grades in the categories "Overall study situation", "Academic feasibility", "practical relevance", "International orientation") + "Multifaceted excellence" (2nd place among all Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany
• manager magazin/trendence-Report (2012): 1st place German-wide for "International character of the education", "Quality of professors in imparting the material" and "Service of the University" + 2nd place Germany-wide for "Practical relevance of the education", "Supervision by professors", "Cooperation of the university with business" and "Quality of central counselling"
• Full-time MBA: September
• Part-time MBA: March and September
Length of Course:
• Full-time MBA: 15 months (Fast Track: 12 months)
• Part-time: 24 months
Last application deadline for March 2017: January 29, 2017 (MBA part-time)
Last application deadline for September 2017: July 2, 2017 (MBA full-time) and July 9, 2017 (MBA part-time)
Ratio of applicants to places (MBA full-time): 5:1
Number of nationalities (MBA full-time): 11
Percentage of international students (MBA full-time): 75%
• Europe: 38%
• Asia: 27%
• Northern America: 19%
• Africa: 8 %
• Latin America: 8 %
Men/Women Ratio (MBA full-time): 30:70
Age Range (MBA full-time): 25 - 45
Average Age (MBA full-time): 30
Length of Work Experience(MBA full-time):
Average 8 years
Minimum 2 years
GMAT (MBA full-time only): min. 600 (or GRE or Pre-MBA International Management)
Proof of English skills: TOEFL iBT: 90; IELTS Academic Module: 6.5; ELS: 112
CV + Motivation Letter
Min. 2 years of professional work experience
A first academic degree
Application fee: € 45
One-time Enrollment Fee:€ 490
Full-time MBA: € 26,850
Part-time MBA: € 29,000
Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance: €12,000 per year