Newcastle University Business School - United Kingdom - British MBA
Challenge Today, Change TomorrowNewcastle University Business School is part of Newcastle University, a research-intensive Russell Group University with a proud history of over 180 years, committed to delivering world-class academic excellence. Request a brochure
Our Full-time MBA is much more than a management programme, it’s an opportunity to:
- accelerate your personal growth
- enhance your leadership potential
- develop an effective future career strategy
Why choose the Newcastle MBA?
- Study at a triple-accredited business school. We are in the top 1% of business schools worldwide to hold triple accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
- AMBA-accredited full-time MBA programme.
- Real-world interaction with a guest speaker series, competitions, and industry visits.
- Corporate projects delivered through our Management Consultancy and Individual Project modules.
- Immersive business experiences offering business exposure throughout your MBA with Business in Action, our Hackathon and Leadership Series.
- Optional International study tour with visits to global businesses.
- A module dedicated to your Personal and Professional Transformation.
- Customise your MBA journey and choose from a wide range of elective modules throughout your year of study.
- Dedicated MBA Careers Advisor and comprehensive careers package.
- MBA scholarships available of between £6,000 and £10,000 towards tuition fees.
Go beyond conventional business thinkingThe full-time Newcastle MBA programme offers you a carefully structured, immersive experience that will support you to push beyond your boundaries, and to focus on developing the capabilities you need to be competitive and successful in any industry or entrepreneurial venture. Immersive business experiences Through the programme we offer you a 12-month intensive journey of immersion and practical application. We start by building your core skill set and understanding across the range of management and business disciplines. Then, we strengthen your ability to contribute to the key challenges of business in the 21st century, while three electives offer you a wide-range of routes to personalise your Newcastle MBA to your own interests and aspirations. Throughout the year, carefully structured practical activities and projects present you with challenges, from real businesses that develop your consulting skills, enhance your own self-understanding, and show you how to integrate and apply your MBA learning to make a real difference both to business and to your own post-MBA career development. Leadership development By honing your skills in leadership, critical thinking, self-reflection, consultancy and communication, you will work to improve your performance while gaining universally applicable business knowledge and skills that you can apply immediately to your own career progression. A hands-on approach to learning Studying our MBA is a challenging, yet rewarding, experience and requires significant personal commitment. Using a balance of traditional study and realtime action learning, this programme will prepare you to become a business leader of tomorrow. By combining intensive experiential learning with a solid foundation in business and management knowledge, it will equip you for higher positions in management and leadership
Shape your leadership journeyThrough a mixture of lectures, business challenges, case studies, workshops and consultancy-style projects, you will expand and develop your business acumen in our engaging learning environment, while a range of electives enable you to personalise your MBA to your interests and needs. The core Our range of core modules offers you the opportunity to strengthen your management fundamentals, develop your global perspective, and integrate your learning.
- Accounting and Finance
- Strategic Management
- Organisations and People Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Personal and Professional Transformation
- Strategic Marketing
- Transitions in the Global Economy
- Business in Action
- Management Consultancy Project
- Individual Project
|Group 1:||Group 2:||Group 3:|
| Round off the development of your core business and management skill set with one elective from this group.|| Customise your study towards those skill sets and business trends that are most relevant to your own personal development objectives with one elective from this group.|| Position yourself at the forefront of business thinking and choose one topical elective module from this group.|
- 7 year's average work experience
- 4 average number of languages spoken
- Gender split: 59% Male/41% Female
- Age range 26 to 49
- 12 nationalities represented
- 79% International students
Admissions processWe welcome applications from exceptional candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds who can demonstrate motivation, drive and ambition to embark on a journey of development. The admissions process is competitive and places are limited on our MBA programme. We recommend you submit your application early to avoid disappointment and to ensure you can choose a convenient time for your interview with our MBA Programme Team. Each application will be considered on an individual basis. Candidates who have narrowly missed the academic or experiential requirement may be considered at the discretion of the MBA Programme Director. Entry requirements Academic requirements
- You should hold a minimum upper-second class Honours (2.1) degree or international equivalent.
- IELTS: 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub sections
- TOEFL: 90 overall with reading 22; listening 21; speaking 24; writing 24 (for European applicants only)
- Pearson PTE: 62 overall with a minimum of 54 in all sub-skills
- Successful completion of the University's Pre-sessional English course, visit www.intohigher.com/newcastle
Funding opportunitiesOur global academic reputation, graduate employability record and low cost of living mean an MBA from Newcastle is a sound financial investment. We recognise that undertaking an MBA is a life-changing decision and want to ensure that you’ve considered how to finance your programme before you start. Tuition fee The fee for 2017 entry is £21,000. To secure your place on our MBA programme you will need to pay a deposit of £1,500 after receiving your offer to study on our MBA programme. The deposit forms part of the total fee, not an additional cost. MBA scholarships We offer partial scholarships ranging from £6,000–£10,000 for International and UK/EU students. These awards are available to outstanding candidates entering the MBA in 2017. You do not need to apply for the scholarships. All candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and hold offers will be considered and assessed for these awards during the admissions process.
Arrange your MBA consultation
Name: MBA Team
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1503