Rotman School of Management - Canada - Canadian MBA
The Rotman School of Management has been ranked as Canada’s #1 business school for the last 11 years by Financial Times. We are proud to be part of the University of Toronto, the top university in Canada with a well-deserved global reputation for excellence in research.
Rotman has built a global reputation on its ambitious vision for business education. Our unique approach to problem-solving and decision-making will transform your career and your leadership potential. You can customize your MBA experience through over 90 elective courses across 16 Majors, and earn an MBA-level salary while you learn through our innovative Flexible Internship Program.
Rotman is an exceptional way to launch your career and life in Canada, as all our international graduates are eligible for a 3-year Canadian work permit. We offer generous support for women leaders, with one of the highest ratios of female candidates in business education (34% in 2016). We offer over $4 million in financial aid support, as well as the opportunity to compete for an additional $300,000 in scholarship awards through our annual Rotman Problem Solving Challenge.
Type of Course: MBA
- #1 BUSINESS SCHOOL IN CANADA FOR THE LAST 11 YEARS – Financial Times 2017
- #1 UNIVERSITY IN CANADA – Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016
- #3 IN THE WORLD FOR RESEARCH OUTPUT – Financial Times 2017
Starting Dates: September
Length of Course: 16 months + 4 months for paid internship
- Round One: October 17, 2016 (Decision by December 16, 2016)
- Round Two: January 9, 2017 * (Decision by February 24, 2017)
- Round Three: February 27, 2017 ** (Decision by April 14, 2017)
- Round Four: April 17, 2017 (Decision by May 19, 2017)
- Round Five: May 29, 2017 (Decision by June 23, 2017)
* To be considered for specific Combined Program awards we advise applicants to the JD/MBA, MGA/MGA, Skoll/MBA and Pharma/MBA Programs to apply by the Round Two deadline.
** All international applicants (excluding US Citizens) are highly encouraged to apply by Round Three in order to ensure ample time for visa processing after accepting the offer of admission.
The Class of 2018 includes 38 nationalities represented from 52 birth countries, with 74.3% of our students born outside of Canada.
For full details, see our Class Profile.
Women entering Class of 2018: 118
Average Age: 27
Length of Work Experience:
- Average 4 years
- No minimum, but at least 2 years recommended
For full details on our admissions criteria, please see How to Apply.
- Undergraduate degree: 3.0 GPA final year
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Work experience: At least 2 years recommended
- 2 references
- One traditional written essay and one (3-5 word) reflection question.
- Required video interview (2 questions) with a new timed written response component (10 minutes in length).
- English Language proficiency
- Interview by invitation
For more information on what we look for in our applicants, see What's Really Important In MBA Admissions.
Application fees: $175 CAD
Tuition fees: Domestic $98,409 CAD or International $107,770 CAD
Estimate for accommodation/living costs: $20,856 – $28,756 per year
Costs, which will vary by individual, are in Canadian dollars and based on residency in downtown Toronto.