Strathclyde - Scotland - European MBA
Founded in 1947, Strathclyde Business School (SBS) is an enterprising, pioneering institution of global standing.
Our University’s mission for over 200 years has been to be a ‘place of useful learning’; an ethos which still drives the business school and distinguishes us from our competitors.
The Strathclyde MBA, the first one year MBA programme has been continually evolving, improving and striving to reflect current business practices since 1966.
In addition to triple accreditation, Strathclyde Business School is Europe’s first university faculty to be awarded a licence to operate an MBA programme in the United Arab Emirates. The licence establishes the school as an education institution officially recognised by the UAE government. Strathclyde also performs consistently well in the UK government research and teaching assessments. Strathclyde Business School has been placed 73rd in the global Financial Times MBA rankings 2014, moving up 14 places since last year. This position puts Strathclyde in the top 10 of UK business schools and top 20 in Europe. Data from the rankings table also show Strathclyde is 4th in the world for value for money and 21st globally for career progression. With 9 well-established international centres in Europe (Zurich, Athens, Bucharest), the Gulf (Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Oman) and SE Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia), we have a large international student base and alumni, offering you great potential to network both during and after your MBA studies at Strathclyde.
Programme InfoType of Course:
• One-year Full-time MBA
• Executive MBA via our 9 International Centres
- Flexible Learning MBA
AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB
- Top 10 in UK; top 20 in Europe, 73rd in world. Data from the rankings table also show Strathclyde is 4th in the world for value for money and 21st globally for career progression (Financial Times Global MBA, January 2014)
- 6th in UK; 29th in Europe (Financial Times European business school ranking, November 2013)
- Top 4 in UK, top 10 in Europe and top 40 in the world (Economist Which MBA, Oct 2013)
- Top 4 in UK, and 33rd in the world (Financial Times Global Master of Management, October 2013)
- Top 10 in UK, 58th in world (Financial Times Executive MBA, October 2013)
• One-year Full-time MBA: September 2014
• Executive MBA April and September 2014
- Flexible MBA April and September 2014
Student BodyOne-year Full-time MBA
Ratio of applicants to places: 4:1
Number of nationalities: 26
Percentage of international students: 50%
• Africa 1%
• Asia 25%
• Eastern Europe 5 %
• Middle East 10%
Men/Women Ratio: : 70:30
Age Range: : 25-40
Average Age: : 29
Length of Work Experience:
Average 7 years
Minimum 3 years
AdmissionFor entry to the MBA programme you must:
Hold a degree from a UK university, or equivalent academic qualification from a comparable non-UK institution. (If you studied for your undergraduate degree at a non-UK institution we will need a copy of your degree transcript). Professional qualifications will also be considered.
Be at least 24 years of age.
Have a minimum of three years' full-time postgraduate experience where the management of people and resources has played a significant role.
CostsTuition fees :
- Full Time MBA : £ 25,000
- Flexible Learning MBA : £ 13,000
- Overseas MBA, POA
- > Strathclyde in top 10 of global distance learning MBA ranking
- > Strathclyde Business School rises up FT's Global MBA ranking
- > Strathclyde wins Tata Crucible Campus Quiz for fourth year running
- > Strathclyde named Entrepreneurial University of the Year
- > Management science professor wins risk research prize
Alumni Pages / MBA Student Case Studies here: http://www.strath.ac.uk/mba/studentcasestudies/