The Lisbon MBA - Portugal, USA - Global MBA
The Lisbon MBA is a joint project between the 2 top business schools in Portugal, Catolica-Lisbon and NOVA-SBE.
This partnership includes a two year part-time MBA and an International full-time MBA, in partnership with MIT's prestigious Sloan School of Management.Request a brochure
According to the 2013 Financial Times Top 100 Global MBA Rankings, The Lisbon MBA International is one of the best MBAs in the world, the 6th worldwide in the "Value for Money" category and the 3rd in "International Course Experience".Why should one select The Lisbon MBA?The Lisbon MBA provides a platform where talented, ambitious and high-flying students from all over the world may meet and engage in active learning, interacting with top notch faculty.
- Both Programs have a prestigious faculty body, trained at the world's best schools, deeply involved in high quality research and in tune with the latest developments in management theory and practice.
- Both programs are the highest ranked Portuguese MBAs in the Financial Times MBA Rankings (Executive and Full Time).
- Both Programs depict an innovative curriculum, stimulating rigorous analysis, the use of emotional intelligence skills, socially responsible behavior and hands-on learning. A curriculum that is a bridge between academia and the corporate world, between theory and practice, between profits and people, between the left and the right hemispheres of the brain and between the geographies of the world.
- We ensure strong ties with the corporate world, with major companies closely involved in its governance and sponsoring providing a network of internships and connections.
- Both programs are offered in the cozy and yet cosmopolitan environment of the beautiful and agreeable Lisbon. Here students may mix work and pleasure as in very few places in the world.
Programme InfoType of Course:
- The Lisbon MBA International: one-year full-time MBA
- The Lisbon MBA Part Time: two-year part-time MBA
Accreditation:Triple Crown - AMBA, EQUIS and AACSBRanking: - The Lisbon MBA International 17th best MBA program in Europe, 61st worldwide, 6th worldwide in the "Value for Money" category and 3rd in "International Course Experience", according to the 2013 Financial Times Top 100 Global MBA Rankings
- The Lisbon Part-Time MBA 59th in Europe in the Global Executive MBA 2012 Rankings by Financial Times
- The Lisbon MBA International: January 2014
- The Lisbon Part Time MBA: September 2014
Length of Course:
- The Lisbon MBA International: 12 months
- The Lisbon Part Time MBA: 22 months
- The Lisbon MBA International: will open on January 6, 2014
- The Lisbon Part Time MBA: from October 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014
Student BodyRatio of applicants to places: 3:1 Number of International Students: 20% - 38% Number of nationalities: 22
- Oceania and Asia: 35%
- North America: 17%
- Central/South America: 22%
- Europe: 23%
- Africa and Middle East: 3%
20% - 44% Female (full-time)
10% - 34% Female (part-time) Average Age:
33 (Part-time) Length of Work Experience:
Average 8 years (full-time)
Average 9 years (part-time)
Minimum 3 years
AdmissionUniversity Degree: First Academic Degree Average GMAT: 630 (full-time); 603 (part-time) English test(s): TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE (possibility for waivers) Language fluency: English Application fee: EUR 85
Completed online application form
CV in English
CostsTuition fees- The Lisbon MBA International: EUR 35,000 (including MIT immersion & internship / International Lab)
- The Lisbon Part Time MBA: EUR 21,000 (including International Study Trip)
- Scholarship availabilities: up to EUR 17,500 (full-time); up to EUR 6,000 (part-time)
Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance: EUR 10,000 per year (full-time international students)
Address: R. Marquês da Fronteira, 20, Lisbon, Portugal
Telephone: +351 213 822 720
Deans: Prof. Francisco Veloso and Prof. José Ferreira Machado
Executive Director: Anabela Possidonio