American University of Sharjah
UAE - Saudi Arabia - Kuwait - Egypt - Jordan
Among the Best in the Region
The American University of Sharjah (AUS) is an independent, not-for-profit, coeducational institution offering an authentic American education in a Middle Eastern setting. Founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qassimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Sharjah, the university has earned a reputation throughout the region for its academic excellence and multicultural campus life.
The AUS MBA is based on the American model of higher education. Located in Sharjah, AUS is grounded in Arab culture and is part of a larger process of the revitalization of intellectual life in the Middle East. AUS is proud of its role as a leading comprehensive coeducational university, serving students from the region and around the world.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program has been designed to provide graduates with the skills they need to be competitive in today's dynamic, global marketplace. Today's business school graduates must be exposed to the latest techniques and most current business practices if they are to be prepared to pursue careers in an ever-changing and complex world.
Here is why you should pursue your MBA at AUS!
- Best in the Gulf. The AUS MBA was recently ranked by Forbes Middle East as the best MBA program in the Gulf region and 2nd best in the MENA region.
- AACSB Accredited. The School of Business Administration is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – awarded to less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs.
- The AUS MBA is flexible. Classes are offered in the evening and may be taken on a part-time or full-time basis allowing you to fit your studies into your busy life.
- Study abroad. You will have the option to study abroad at one of our partner institutions including the Kedge Business School in France, Maastricht University in the Netherlands, and ISEP partner (www.isep.org) institutions.
- Professors that live and work here. With over 80 full-time, resident faculty members from 28 different countries you will receive personal attention from professors who both live and work in the Gulf region and understand the global business arena.
- Powerful alumni network. Be a part of a network of more than 7,000 AUS alumni including seasoned business professionals that are eager to lend their support.
- Career development services. Take advantage of coaching sessions on interviewing skills, salary negotiation, the development of personal marketing plans, job search strategies, and career planning and recruitment events.
- Assistantships and work/study opportunities. Investing in graduate study can require a significant investment. We offer assistantships and work/study options on a competitive basis.
- A place to call home. The AUS campus is a traditional university campus comprised of a vibrant community of students from over 80 countries that is located only a few minutes from Dubai, one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.
As you can see AUS is truly a special place! We offer an MBA program that is rigorous and focused on developing you as a highly sought after business professional capable of addressing the complex challenges faced by today’s businesses.
Type of Course:
- MBA (flex-time)
AACSB, UAE Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, US Middle States Association (University)
MBA program was recently ranked 1st in the GCC and 2nd in MENA region by Forbes Middle East
Fall 2019: 1 September 2019 Spring 2020: 26 January 2020
Length of Course:
The time required tp complete the program will depend on the needs of the individual student. All requirements must be completed within 5 years, but can be completed in as little as 15 months.
- Pre-MBA course: 3 courses (4.5 credit hours); usually for non-business undergraduates
- General MBA: 11 courses (33 credit hours)
- Explanation: Our program can be completed in as little as 15 months by a full-time student with a strong undergraduate GPA who is able to waive the Pre-MBA courses or as much as 5 years, depending on the student's situation.
Application Deadlines: Fall 2019: 25 July 2019
Spring 2020: 26 December 2019
Ratio of applicants to places: 2:1
Number of nationalities: 60
• Africa 5%
• Asia 20%
• Eastern Europe 5 %
• Middle East 60%
• North America 5 %
• Western Europe 5 %
Men: Women Ratio: 45:55
Age Range: 22-40
Average Age: 28
Length of Work Experience:
Average: 3.0 years
Applicant must have:
- Completed a 4 year bachelor degree from an independently accredited university
- Attained a cumulative GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for full admission, and GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for conditional admission
- Have attained
- an International TOEFL 550 on the AUS version), or a TOEFL internet- based score of 80.
- OR a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 academic.
- Submit an acceptable result on the AUS MBA Admissions Test
GMAT: May substitute for the AUS MBA Admissions Test for applicants outside of the UAE (minimum score of 500 expected)
MBA Admission Test: Results are considered together with the undergraduate GPA
- Statistics and computer skills
- Three references
- Official transcript
- Interview (case-by-case basis, depending on undergraduate GPA)
Tuition fees: UAE Dirham 4,660 per credit hour
The program will cost between AED 153,780 and AED 174,750, depending on whether any or all of the Pre-MBA courses are taken. Our Student Accounts office and program coordinator can work with you or your employer to arrange a convenient payment schedule.