Aston Business School
Aston Business School
The Aston MBA is the next chapter in your career. Whether your ambition is to lead in international organisations or start something closer to home, the course will hone your strategic thinking, preparing you for a career at the forefront of business.
The best leaders have mastered the art of decision making and action based on critical thinking. Your Aston MBA will teach you how to reflect on your own career, perceive emerging opportunities and develop a growth mindset. You will become enterprising in everything you do.
Flexible study routes
We offer a choice of pathways to enable you to combine your MBA studies with your professional and personal commitments:
- 12 month Full-Time MBA
- 30 month Executive Part-Time MBA
- 30 month Executive Apprenticeship MBA
- 24 month Online MBA
All modes of study are fully accredited and lead to the full Aston MBA award.
Join the ranks
Aston Business School is consistently recognised by the world’s most prominent rankings as being at the forefront of business education:
- Aston is ranked in the top 1% of Business Schools worldwide with triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS, the leading accreditation bodies for business schools in the UK, USA and Europe.
- We have been awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF, 2017).
- The Aston MBA is one of the world's top MBAs (Tier 1) in CEO Magazine Global MBA Ranking 2017.
- Our Full-Time MBA is ranked 5th in the UK and 26th in Europe in the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking (2017).
- The Executive MBA is ranked in the top 40 in the world by CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings (2017).
- We are a top 10 University in Online MBAs Global MBA Rankings (CEO Magazine 2016).
- The Online MBA is ranked top 15 in the world (QS Distance Online MBA Rankings 2017).
- 5 QS Stars for excellence in teaching, employability, innovation, facilities, inclusiveness and internationalisation.
- We are one of only three business schools in the UK to receive the Small Business Charter Award Gold Level for demonstrating exceptional dedication to supporting the small business community.
More than an MBA
Get more from your MBA at Aston. We offer a variety of added benefits to ensure that you get the most out of your time with us.
Get the Edge
Our offer is more than an MBA. Sharpen your thinking with a personal development programme designed and delivered by professors and practitioners in behavioural science. The Aston Edge is our way of training you for the more elusive, social and personal side of business. Human psychology is slippery, so the Edge is designed to help your strategies stick when handling a complex range of stakeholders and business projects.
Dedicated careers support
We’ll teach you the ropes so you can make it to the top. Our comprehensive career management programme is designed to boost your employability and help you take the next step, whether that’s in a new role, a change of career or launching a start-up. The Aston MBA’s dedicated careers consultant, Paul Schoonenberg draws on 15 years of corporate and financial experience and has worked across the UK, Europe and Asia. It’s Paul’s job to help you map out your post-MBA career plan.
Guidance from the start
To help you reflect on your learning, you have the opportunity to be partnered with an Aston MBA graduate mentor. Your mentor will have an essential role during your time at Aston, acting as a sounding board and feeding into your studies. They will provide you with senior career advice and share their experiences to help prepare you for a career at the top.
Take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for international travel and study as part of your MBA programme. Full-Time MBAs will spend a week at one of our European Business School partner institutions where they will attend lectures, network with fellow MBAs and visit multi-national organisations. There is also a chance to study abroad as part of a summer programme, a term abroad or even gain an additional masters degree as part of our prestigious Double Degree programme.
Your MBA starts here
Number of nationalities: 20+
Age range: 24-52
Average age: 30
Length of work experience:
- Average 7+ years
- Minimum 3 years
To be eligible to study the Aston MBA (all routes) you will need one of the following:
- A good UK honours degree
- An equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University
- A degree-level professional qualification.
- At least three years’ relevant post-graduation work experience
- Two references – at least one from your current or previous employer. The second can be another professional reference or an academic reference.
Applicants with extensive work experience
We accept applications from candidates with extensive work experience who have not completed a graduate qualification. An assessment will be made through your CV, references and interview to assess your suitability for the course.
If you are an international student, you will require:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation of your university grades
- A well-rounded GMAT score may be required if you have not undertaken any business, finance or economics-related study and do not have any demonstrable work experience within these disciplines.
We may offer you a place with lower English scores on the condition that you successfully complete a pre-sessional English course at Aston University. If you successfully complete your pre-sessional course you are guaranteed a place on the Aston MBA. Exceptionally you may be accepted with lower English scores on the condition that you undertake in-sessional English study as part of the MBA programme.
Tuition fees and scholarships
- Full-Time MBA: £25,850
- Executive Part-Time MBA: £20,100
- Executive Apprenticeship MBA: Cost covered by UK government and your employer
- Online MBA: £20,100
- Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance: £7,000 per year
Aston Business School has a strong track record of MBA employability. Our graduates go on to excel across the business sectors in companies around the world.