Birmingham Business School
United Kingdom - Singapore
Working for a responsible future
At Birmingham Business School we deliver world-class research and teaching that provides the insight, ambition and skills to shape advanced and sustainable business strategies. The School’s vision is to promote curiosity and thought leadership for responsible business.
Our mission is to deliver:
A distinctive student experience where students have the opportunity to engage with industry professionals and world-leading researchers, and feel part of an international learning community.
Internationally recognised research focusing upon and providing responses to the key challenges around responsible business that face our economy and our society regionally and globally.
An environment where both staff and students are able to thrive and achieve their best work.
The MBA Alumni Team is dedicated to providing outstanding alumni relations support to benefit all MBA students and graduates. The team host bespoke events and offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, which encourage graduates from across the University to directly support our MBA students’ experience and career progression. Even as a prospective student, our MBA Alumni Ambassadors can offer advice on the MBA programme, Business School, University and all that the city of Birmingham has to offer.
Opportunities for students include:
- Access to over 24,000 Business School Alumni worldwide and access to alumni from across the University
- MBA Distinguished Leaders Series
- Mentoring with knowledgeable alumni business leaders
- Developing and supporting students to become MBA Alumni Ambassadors
- Exposure to successful senior alumni who provide company projects, give advice and offer career opportunities
Distinguished Leaders Series MBA students have the opportunity to gain an insight into what makes a great leader through our Distinguished Leaders Series. The series has been a great success, with students finding speakers such as David Gill – who was Chief Executive of Manchester United at the time of his visit – and Mike Coupe, Chief Executive of Sainsbury’s, invaluable and inspiring. Outstanding students also have the opportunity to be part of a more intimate round-table discussion, to explore ideas and gain bespoke advice.
For graduates we offer:
- Bespoke guest lectures and webinars
- A bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Online resources such as EBSCO business journals and reports and the Global Companies Intelligence database
- Access to regional alumni groups and events around the world
- An alumni contact service to reconnect with friends or make new contacts
- Global networking and social events
- Exciting volunteering opportunities
- Annual reunion event at Coniston Water in the Lake District, UK
- A range of alumni discounts, for example hotels and business services