Birmingham Business School
United Kingdom - Singapore
Dig Deeper: Do More
Birmingham Business School the oldest Business School in the UK. It is consistently ranked in the Global Top 100 and is triple accredited by EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. It is part of the University of Birmingham, a redbrick University and member of the Russell Group. The University boasts a heritage and tradition of over a hundred years and was England’s first civic university. There are 30,000 students on campus and 5,000 international students from over 150 different countries, making our student body incredibly diverse.
At Birmingham we offer a full time 12 month MBA programme, with pathways in International Business or Global Banking and Finance. Students can extend their study by another nine months or twelve months by completing a Diploma the year before their full time MBA study. We also offer a part time Executive MBA programme which is taught both in the UK and in Singapore, and an Online MBA.
- There are currently 296 students across all our MBA pathways (as of October 2017):
- 36 MBA Executive students
- 122 Online MBA students
- 104 MBA Singapore students
- 34 full time MBA students
- There are students from 16 different countries on our full time MBA programme (2017/18 cohort).
Broadly, the Birmingham MBA entry criteria are a good Honours degree or equivalent professional qualification, plus three to five years' work experience with evidence of managerial and/or professional responsibility. There are separate requirements for English language proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/Pearson) depending upon the MBA pathway.
MBA 12 months (full time): £25,950
MBA Executive (part time, UK): £25,800 (fees liable to increase in subsequent years)
Online MBA: £18,525 (fees liable to increase in subsequent years)
The MBA Alumni Team is dedicated to providing outstanding alumni relations support to benefit all MBA students and graduates. The team host bespoke events and offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, which encourage graduates from across the University to directly support our MBA students’ experience and career progression. Even as a prospective student, our MBA Alumni Ambassadors can offer advice on the MBA programme, Business School, University and all that the city of Birmingham has to offer.
Opportunities for students include:
- Access to over 24,000 Business School Alumni worldwide and access to alumni from across the University
- MBA Distinguished Leaders Series
- Mentoring with knowledgeable alumni business leaders
- Developing and supporting students to become MBA Alumni Ambassadors
- Exposure to successful senior alumni who provide company projects, give advice and offer career opportunities
Distinguished Leaders Series MBA students have the opportunity to gain an insight into what makes a great leader through our Distinguished Leaders Series. The series has been a great success, with students finding speakers such as David Gill – who was Chief Executive of Manchester United at the time of his visit – and Mike Coupe, Chief Executive of Sainsbury’s, invaluable and inspiring. Outstanding students also have the opportunity to be part of a more intimate round-table discussion, to explore ideas and gain bespoke advice.
For graduates we offer:
- Bespoke guest lectures and webinars
- A bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Online resources such as EBSCO business journals and reports and the Global Companies Intelligence database
- Access to regional alumni groups and events around the world
- An alumni contact service to reconnect with friends or make new contacts
- Global networking and social events
- Exciting volunteering opportunities
- Annual reunion event at Coniston Water in the Lake District, UK
- A range of alumni discounts, for example hotels and business services
Victoria Malin, MBA Recruitment and Admissions Officer
+44 (0)121 414 4378