École des sciences de la gestion de l’Université du Québec à Montréal - ESG UQAM
MBA pour cadres (EMBA)
The School of Management of the Université du Québec à Montréal (ESG UQAM) has an annual enrolment of over 15,000 students. ESG UQAM is considered a major internationally-oriented French-language management school, known for the quality of its practical teaching, the scope of its research and the accessibility of its professors, and for keeping in constant contact with organisations and the business world.
As a creative, urban institution with an encompassing worldview, it provides an exceptional quality of life to the students who enroll each year. ESG UQAM bases its activities and development on the values of excellence and quality, with a view to social responsibility and sustainable development.
ESG UQAM by the numbers:
3 Canada Research Chairs
12 Practice-Oriented Research Chairs
6 Research Centres
8 Research Clusters and 2 Observatories
1 Intelligence Network
PART TIME EXECUTIVE MBA PROGRAM (EMBA) - (offered only in French in Montreal)
ESG UQAM offers students international experience in partnership with the best business schools in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based on the latest management theories, the Executive MBA is a complete program designed for experienced managers who want to benefit from innovative training incorporating real business case studies, and is offered in more than a dozen countries in French, English and Spanish. Each year, the program trains more than 300 managers and executives in Montreal, and 500 internationally. Since its inception in 1979, over 10,000 people from Montreal and all over the world have graduated from the program.
International experience is a vital asset in today’s world. Our ESG UQAM’s Executive MBA gives candidates an opportunity to gain that experience or to broaden their horizons if their background already includes an international component.
INTERNATIONAL EMBA RECOGNITION
The joint ESG UQAM and Université Paris-Dauphine Executive MBA has
been recognized as the best EMBA Part Time by the Eduniversal ranking in
France for the past 5 years
• The joint ESG UQAM and Warsaw School of Economics Executive MBA
has been top-ranked in Poland and Eastern Europe for the past 15 years
• The ESG UQAM Executive MBA program offered in partnership with the
China University of Mining and Technology is the first foreign EMBA program
ever accredited by the People’s Republic of China
• « One of the country’s largest and most diverse EMBA », Canadian Business,
- Courses are delivered on one weekend every month (Friday to Sunday) over a two-year period to help students maintain a work-life balance.
- Students conduct real case studies and they can apply their new-found knowledge and skills by carrying out a work project in their own company or organization. They achieve results both for themselves and for their employer.
- Students engage in productive, enriching discussions with experienced fellow students who, like them, are in positions of responsibility.
- The program is offered in Montreal and in Laval, but also in partnership with local universities located in Algeria, Tunisia, Cameroon, Poland, China, Vietnam, France, Romania, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Peru, which gives to our students many international opportunities. Courses are given by UQAM professors travelling abroad.
- For Montreal campus EMBA graduates: possibility of a gateway to the ESG UQAM Master Program in Project Management.
- The MBA program now offers a series of professional lunch-conferences to its students. (Clic here to see an example)
Other MBA programs:
- We do offer 2 specialized EMBA (executives), one in the banking services and another in innovation and technology management.
- MBA in Consulting management
- MBA Sciences and Engineering
- MBA in accounting
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT UR INTERNATIONAL EMBA PROGRAMS
Student Body: AMBAC (Association étudiantes des MBA pour cadres)
For the General EMBA program in Montreal: twice per year (FALL and WINTER semesters)
Deadline for Fall: May 15th
Deadline for Winter: October 1st
For the specialization in banking services: once every year at the Fall semester
For the specialization in Innovation and Technology Management: once every 2-year at the Fall semester (2019)
For all the EMBA programs:
The candidates must have an undergraduate degree with an average of 3.2/4.3. If lower, years of professional experience can compensate up to 2.8 / 4.3.
We do accept 10% of candidates, without an undergraduate degree, on the experiences basis. They need a minimum of 7-year experience.
All candidates must have 4-year of professional management experience, and, at the time of submitting their application, they must be employed.
A selection interview is required for every candidates.
Cost for Canadian (in province) students:
8 500 CAD for tuition fees, because of the Government grant, and +/- 1500 CAD in pedagogical materials, for the entire program
Cost for Canadian (out of province) students:
18 720 CAD for tuition fees, and +/- 1500 CAD in pedagogical materials, for the entire program
Cost for International (visa) students:
In Montreal, as it is a part time program and because the students must be working to apply, there are no visa students within our Executive MBA program.
Nevertheless, since our program is offered in 12 countries, the tuition fees depend on the country where the program is offered.