École Polytechnique Executive Master
Executive Master Group
Who we are
École Polytechnique (l'X) generates and disseminates first-class, multidisciplinary scientific knowledge for its students, for industry and for society with a major focus on entrepreneurship, courage, integrity and responsibility throughout its teaching and research programs.
The school is ranked among the best universities worldwide for educating Fortune 500 CEOs by the Times Higher Education in 2017.
Our Executive Master aims to train leaders who can design, deploy and manage in an international perspective and for organizations or companies from any sector of the value-creating business models (Financial, Environmental, Social and Governance) that have a strong technological dimension.
Our program offers participants:
• 12 modules in 4 locations: France, Europe, Asia and the USA
• Classes with solid concepts, case studies and testimonies
• Conferences and debates with guest speakers
• Site visits (laboratories of the École polytechnique, other schools, incubators…)
• Personal and professional development
• International modules
• A “Group Project” with a high level of innovation and/or entrepreneurship
• A “Class Project” oriented to the development of the program
Type of program: Executive Master
Starting date: September
Length of Program: 14 months
12 modules of which 9 modules will take place in France and 3 international modules taking place in Asia, Europe and the USA.
4-day module in France and Germany
5-day module in Asia and the USA
The modules start the first full week of every month
Starting Dates: September
Minimum years of work experience: 7 years
Application deadlines: Rolling admissions
Courses conducted in French and English
École Polytechnique Executive Master participants are currently in an upper management position. They have already obtained a Master’s Degree and are capable of working in an international environment. They should also have a strong interest for new technologies and may come from a wide range of sectors and backgrounds.
Number of accepted participants enrolled in 2017: 21
Number of nationalities: 10
Average age: 41
CEO : 26%
VP/Director : 37%
Senior managers : 26%
Other : 11%
Average length of work experience: 15
• Total length of work experience required: 7+ years
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Capable of working in an international environment
• Strong interest for innovation and new technologies
• Interview: Those wishing to discuss their profile before applying are encouraged to request an interview (optional).
• Application: Complete and return the application before the given deadline.
• Pre-selection: Selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the committee.
• Admissions Jury: All applications of the candidates interviewed by the selection committee will pass before the Admissions Jury for a final selection.
Tuition fees: €49 000 (VAT not included)
Tuition includes all course materials, lunches, conferences and any organized social events or dinners. Housing and organized meals or events for the three international modules are also included. All transportation, free evening activities and lodging for the French based modules are at the expense of the candidate.
Many of the X alumni are known as top leaders in CAC 40 and Fortune 500 companies as well as in the research and scientific fields including several nobel prizes. Learn more here.
ASSOCIATION OF ALUMNI AND GRADUATES (AX)
The purpose of AX is to create and develop links of solidarity and friendship.
THE ASSOCIATION AIMS TO:
• provide grants
• help welcome international students
• support efforts to provide equal opportunities
• organize meetings, conferences, colloquiums, and events open to a wide audience
Over 28,000 alumni
150 X groups; thematic, regional, international
In 2017, 3 M€ of budget of which 750 K€ went to solidarity actions