Edinburgh Business School - Heriot-Watt University
United Kingdom - UAE - Malaysia
Edinburgh Business School of Heriot-Watt University
The Edinburgh Business School MBA. Study on-campus in Edinburgh, Dubai, or Malaysia.
As one of the world's leading business and management schools, Edinburgh Business School offers students a rigorous and rewarding programme of study. Whether MBA, MSc or DBA, our courses are among the most sought after in the business world. Our qualifications are among the most highly regarded.
- Study by distance, learning, at a Heriot-Watt University campus or with a Learning Partner
- Specialist MBAs in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Strategic Planning and Oil and Gas Management are offered
- Over 40% of Fortune 500 companies have employees on the MBA programme
- Courses have been developed by leading academics with extensive international teaching, consultancy and research experience.
- Over 20,000 alumni in over 166 countries and over 11,850 active students worldwide
The Full-Time and Part-Time MBA in Edinburgh
- Study in an inspirational European capital in an atmosphere of mutual learning with like-minded individuals
- Programmes commence in January and September each year
- Students come from across the globe to study at Edinburgh Business School: for example Europe, India, China and the Middle East
The Full-Time and Part-Time MBA in Dubai
- The Full-Time and Part-Time pathways are offered in Dubai over one year or two years.
- Flexible Part-Time MBA programme, where you can work at your own pace, in your own time with full on-campus and online academic support
- Interact with fellow students across the Gulf area and become part of our growing network of active students and alumni in the Gulf
- Meet & learn from our Distinguished Faculty.
- Licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority. The academic qualifications granted by this institution and certified by KHDA shall be recognised in the Emirate of Dubai by all public and private entities for all purposes.
The Part-Time MBA in Malaysia
- The Part-Time MBA is delivered over a series of weekend seminars spread over a 24 months period
- Taught by Edinburgh Business School faculty at our brand new campus in Putrajaya
- Approved by the MQA: (N/345/7/0228) MQA/FA2182.
To contact Edinburgh Business School directly, please click here.
Edinburgh Business School has regional offices and academic partners all over the world. For details on our academic partners click here.
Type of Course: Full-Time, Part-Time & Distance Learning.
Accreditation: Royal Charter - United Kingdom
Starting Dates: The Distance Learning programme has a rolling intake. Intakes for the on-campus programmes are in September and January each year.
Length of Course: Full-time - one year. Part-time - two years.
To complete the general MBA, you must pass examinations in seven core courses and two elective courses, chosen from a wide range of options. Each MBA course will require approximately 200 hours of study, with over 48 hours of classroom based contact.
Students will have the opportunity to study an MBA with specialism in five areas and will benefit from high quality teaching in English from visiting lecturers from our Edinburgh Campus as well as faculty who are based in Dubai.
The five specialisms are available in: Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Strategic Planning and Oil and Gas Management. Exemptions can be awarded for core courses on the basis of some undergraduate degrees and over 30 professional qualifications. Students have the ability to study in Dubai, Malaysia and Edinburgh, and can sit exams in any of our 400 exam centres across the world.
Number of Nationalities: 130 Nationalities.
North and Central America: 22%
Oceania & Asia: 9%
Middle East: 8%
South America: 1%
Age Range 24 – 50
Length of Work Experience:
Average 7 Years
Minimum 2 Years
Admission to the on-campus MBA is by application and acceptance. Typically, you will have
- a recognised first or second class honours degree, or a qualification deemed to be equivalent, or passes in three of the MBA courses (one of which must be core).
- a minimum of two years’ post-qualifying full-time professional work experience.
- evidence of English language proficiency in the form of Academic IELTS 6.5 (with no component lower than 6.0). Other tests considered to be equivalent will be considered, with the exception of TOEFL/TOEIC More details can be found here.
Tuition fees: For academic year 2017/2018: £20,000 in UK, AED 88,000 in Dubai, RM 56,300 in Malaysia. Full details on fees can be found at here.
Edinburgh Business School
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 131 451 3090
Website: ebsglobal.net/on-campus-edinburgh /
Edinburgh Business School
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC)
PO Box 294345 Dubai-UAE
Email : DubaiMBA@ebs.hw.ac.uk
Tel: +971 (4) 435 8770
+971 (4) 435 8768
Edinburgh Business School
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus
No. 1, Jalan Venna P5/2,
Precinct 5, 62200 Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya,
Tel: +603 8894 3888