Rochester-Bern Executive Programs
Switzerland - USA
Rochester-Bern Executive Programs is a foundation based on a longstanding cooperation between the Simon Business School at the University of Rochester (NY, USA) and the Institut für Finanzmanagement of the Universität Bern (Switzerland).
The Rochester-Bern Executive MBA was established in 1995 and is addressed to national and international executives, who have several years of work experience and want to broaden their theoretical and practical management knowledge besides a demanding job. The courses take place in Switzerland (Thun), USA (Rochester, NY) and China (Shanghai). Since 1966, the Simon Business School is AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accredited and has been ranked in top positions among business schools worldwide. Since the beginning of 2007, Rochester-Bern also offers company-specific programs and seminars. Companies such as SBB, Berner Kantonalbank, Fresenius Medical Care and UBS Wealth Management are some of the clients. Degree courses such as the CAS in General Management for Board of Directors or further education in Banking and Finance in cooperation with the Swiss Finance Institute (SFI) round off the versatile, high-quality offering of Rochester-Bern Executive Programs.
The Rochester-Bern Executive MBA is a first-class general management education for leaders. Our EMBA provides you with a holistic understanding of all management topics, helps you develop your leadership skills, and prepares you for a professional future where change, digitalization, and the demand for sustainability are omnipresent.
- International Dual Degree: Gain an MBA from the University of Rochester (USA) and an EMBA from the Universität Bern (CH) without career interruption
- World-Class Speakers: Be inspired by professors coming from the world’s best business schools, well-known business leaders, and experienced peers in class
- Mind-Set for Success: Develop the mindset of a successful leader, build-up a set of useful business tools, and become a strong and innovative decision-maker
Degree (dual): Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Simon Business School University of Rochester & Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) from Universität Bern
Duration: 17 months
ECTS: 90 (equiv. 58 US credits)
Format: Biweekly: Fri and Sat
Program Cost: CHF 75,000
Application Deadline: November 30
Early Enrollment Incentives: May 31: CHF 5,000 & September 15: CHF 3,000
Rankings: No 2 in the world for finance (FT 2017), No 9 in the world for economics (FT 2018)
Accreditation: AACSB International (Simon Business School) since 1966
Gender: 26% female students
Age: 39 (avg. age)
Work Experience: 16 years (avg. years of work experience)
Management Experience: 8 years (avg. years of work experience)
The diversity of profiles in the classroom is an important characteristic of our EMBA. Classes are composed of executives whose backgrounds range from business to engineering to medical studies. To be admitted to the program, candidates need to fulfill the following requirements:
- middle- or senior-level manager with the potential for taking on increased responsibilities within their organization
- university degree (or equivalent) plus at least 5 years of management experience (as a project or line manager) OR 10+ years of managerial and leadership experience in lieu of academic qualifications (sur dossier applicant)*
- convincing character with a team spirit
- ability to set priorities and balance family, job, and studies
- fluency in English
* Please note that we accept a limited number of sur dossier students per class. Examples include senior executives who have held a leadership position for at least 10 years or entrepreneurs who have been running their own companies for the same amount of time, but who do not have a university degree (or equivalent).
*This includes tuition, all required books/materials, online assessment and two follow-up coaching sessions, cooperation with an alumni mentor, lunches and refreshments on regular class days in Switzerland, accommodation and some meals during mandatory educational trips to Rochester and China, matriculation and exam fees as well as graduation.
We know that the investment in further education can be substantial. That is why the Rochester-Bern Fund is proud to provide incentives, scholarships and reductions. For more information on these as well as information on how to apply, please visit our website: https://www.rochester-bern.ch
Graduates of the Rochester-Bern EMBA become members of both the international Simon Business School alumni association as well as of the Swiss based Rochester-Bern Alumni Association, the Simonites. These associations offer a valuable network of business people who share the same educational background.
Additionally, the alumni of the Rochester-Bern Executive MBA get the chance to be part of the following associations: the Swiss Association of MBAs (SAMBAplus) and Beta Gamma Sigma.
Simon Business School Alumni: http://www.simon.rochester.edu/alumni/simon-school-advancement/index.aspx
Beta Gamma Sigma: http://www.betagammasigma.org