SDA Bocconi School of Management
The Leading MBA in Italy
THE NEW BOCCONI UNIVERSITY URBAN CAMPUS
These are important years in the development of a more welcoming Bocconi, a university projected towards the future. In fact, the New Campus project is under construction, designed by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa of the international architectural firm SANAA.
The area will include a residence, the new SDA Bocconi headquarters, a park and multi-purpose center open to the city and featuring an Olympic swimming pool. The new buildings will be part of a broader development project that is also forward-looking in the areas of environmental sustainability, energy saving and optimal landscaping in the context of Downtown Milano.
Accreditation(s): AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS
The School offers a Full-time MBA and a Global Executive MBA in English as well as an Executive MBA in Italian (Modular and Weekend format). It also offers 7 Full-Time Specialized Master Programs (5 International + 2 in Italian) and 6 Executive Master Programs (3 International + 3 in Italian). Furthermore, the School offers a large variety of Executive Education Open and Custom Programs each year.
SDA Bocconi organizes events and meetings throughout the year, both online and offline, where it is possible to interact with the Director and other members of the MBA Community.
Accreditation(s): AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, ASFOR, ISO 9001:2008
Name of Program: Full-Time MBA, Global Executive MBA
#7 EU - #25 WW Top MBAs for women 2018 , Financial Times
#9 EU - #29 WW Global MBA Rankings 2018, Financial Times
#3 EU European B-Schools Rankings 2019, Financial Times
#3 EU - #4 WW Custom Education Rankings, Financial Times
#7 EU - #9 WW Executive Education combined Rankings 2019, Financial Times
#3 EU - #13 WW Full-Time MBA Ranking 2019, The Economist – Which MBA
#4 The Best International MBAs 2019 (1-year, non-US Programs), Forbes
#5 Best B-Schools Rankings 2019, Bloomberg Businessweek
#10 EU #23 WW QS Global MBA Rankings 2020 QS Global MBA Rankings 2020 QS - TOP MBA
#8 EU QS EMBA Rankings 2019 - Europe
#16 WW QS Global EMBA Rankings 2019
FULL-TIME MBA, ROTMAN-SDA BOCCONI GLOBAL EXECUTIVE MBA
Length of Program Full-Time MBA - 1 year; GEMBA – 18 months
Start of program (next available edition): Full-Time MBA – Sept. 2020; GEMBA – Oct. 2020
Campus where classes are taught (own campuses or of partner institutions):
Full-Time MBA: Milano.
GEMBA: Milano, Toronto, Mumbai, San Francisco, Copenhagen, Shanghai, São Paulo
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THE SDA BOCCONI MBA
1. BE PART OF A GROUP OF AAA PEOPLE
Get together with other triple-A (AAA) candidates like you: with Aspiration to change, Ambition to excel and strong sense of social Awareness.
2. ENTER A COZY, DIVERSE AND COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
Join a small class of 100 people from 30+ countries and diverse backgrounds, where team performance is peer monitored and coached.
3. LIVE A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE, FLEXIBLY ACCOMMODATING LEARNING AND PRACTICE IN JUST ONE YEAR
Choose along your way whether you prefer to go back to a full-time job after 9 months of core and elective classes , or continue for 6 more months with your internship, entrepreneurial project, group business lab and other activities.
4. BE IN MILANO, THE EUROPEAN HUB
Get your International MBA in Milano, Italy. Milano will be your campus – a dynamic city at the center of both Italian and global business and finance. The hub of fashion, creativity and design, with a great potential for contacts and careers.
5. BECOME PART OF THE BOCCONI COMMUNITY
Join a network of over 110,000 Alumni worldwide Feel the value of belonging to one of Europe’s oldest and most prestigious business education institutions and to a top-ranked European leader in management education.
1-year Full-Time MBA highlights
- An Int’l, game-changing MBA in Milano, for entrepreneurial career switchers.
- A “Triple A” MBA, leveraging on individual Aspiration to change & Ambition to increase their affluence, to forge tomorrow’s global leaders gifted with social Awareness.
- Academic expertise plus practical and applied knowledge.
- 4 Functional Concentrations + 1 Luxury Business Management Concentration
- 1 Path to Entrepreneurship
- Seminar series and events to expose MBA students to knowledge and experience of top international leaders and influential scholars; informal, yet informed, lunch talks on the event of the day, with faculty and guest speakers, flexible opportunities for those willing to learn from real-life cases and unexpected turn of events bearing powerful managerial consequences.
- International Exchange Program
- One-to-one interaction between students, faculty and dedicated Staff.
- A 360 degree learning experience, a rich and diverse community with students from over 30 countries and mixed academic, professional and cultural backgrounds.
- New career opportunities and a network of relations worldwide.
- Student club activities.
- Strategic location for cultural and professional development
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THE ROTMAN-SDA BOCCONI GLOBAL EXECUTIVE MBA
1.TWO CREDENTIALS FOR LIFELONG SUCCESS
2. GLOBAL ADVANTAGE: EUROPE, AMERICAS, ASIA
3. SHARE INSIGHTS WITH THOUGHT LEADERS
4. FLEXIBLE TIMING AND LOCATION
5. LEADERSHIP AND CAREER DEVELOPEMENT
The new Rotman-SDA Bocconi Global Executive MBA (Master in Business Administration) is a modular program that combines the expertise and perspectives of a leading European and a leading North American business school in a transformative journey hosted in international business hubs.A launching pad for future career phases and an integrated preparation for senior management roles, GEMBA provides a highly personalized focus on leadership development, and introduces students to a global network of exceptional managers, faculty, executives and thought-leaders.
You’ll immerse yourself in the local cultures of seven international business centers - Toronto, Milano, Mumbai, San Francisco, Copenhagen, Shanghai, São Paulo - and compare European and North American perspectives in our two home cities: Toronto, Canada’s multicultural financial capital and innovation hub, and Milano, a leading center of manufacturing, design and finance.
TRAVELING TOWARDS SUCCESS THE STRUCTURE: Expand your global understanding, and personal horizons as a future leader, in this unique 18-month program spanning seven cities in four continents. GEMBA will change the way you think, network and do business in some of the world’s biggest markets.
KEY FACTS GEMBA
- 18 Months
- 75 Learning Days
- a blend of face-to-face and distance learning to balance career development with executive education.
- Global Mindset with Local Sensitivity; International Networking.
- Class Modules in Europe, Canada, China, Brasil and India.
- Academic and management expertise.
- Electives and Exchanges.
- Executive Career Curriculum.
- Student club activities.
Number of nationalities: 35
Europe (excluding Italy) 20%
North America 19%
Latin America 12%
Africa and Middle East 2%
Men: Women: 67%-33%
Age Range: 25-33 y/o
Average Age: 29 y/o
Business & Economics 40%
Length of Work Experience:
Full-Time MBA: Average 5.5 years
Minimum work experience: Full-Time MBA - 2/3 years (average 5.5); GEMBA - 5/6 years (average 14)
Age frame: Full-Time MBA – min 24/25, average – 29; GEMBA – min 29, average - 38
Minimum/Average GMAT: no minimum
Tuition fee: Full-Time MBA - 59,000 €; GEMBA: $100,000
Scholarships Available (yes/no): yes, all of them merit based - full and partial; More for Full-Time MBA, but also available for Executive MBA programs.
The SDA Bocconi MBA is a never-ending experience.
Alumni are one of the greatest assets of business schools throughout the world.
The Bocconi Alumni Association brings together over 12,000 SDA Bocconi Master Alumni who have graduated from SDA Bocconi MBAs and Specialized Masters Programs. The Association aims to spread the value of a shared experience and culture, strengthening ties among Alumni, regardless of the program they attended.
The Association also aims to maintain a relationship between Alumni and SDA Bocconi, with the intention of increasing the School's prestige and influence in national and international economic, financial and corporate spheres.
Bocconi Alumni carries out a series of initiatives, in Italy and abroad, in order to achieve its objectives:
- Encouraging the exchange of experiences and networking among Alumni
- Gaining visibility and prestige for SDA Bocconi at a national and international level
- Promoting international development and the growth of SDA Bocconi
- Encouraging donations to the School from individual members and supporting fundraising activities that benefit SDA Bocconi initiatives.
Services for Alumni include an on-line directory, a calendar of events, newsletters, Chapter and Club news, and many other services that help foster networking among Alumni, and relations between Alumni and the School.