Sheffield University Management School
Sheffield University Management School The Sheffield MBA - Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Consultancy
Our University world class learning and teaching facilities and our Student Union is consistently named the best in the UK. The Management School is housed in a flagship building that recently benefitted from a high quality refurbishment, creating a relaxed and distinctive learning environment. The MBA students, enjoy a dedicated lecture theatre and executive suite, where lunch and refreshments are complimentary. The MBA students also have access to our excellent facilities including our state of the art trading room facility. The School is well positioned, close to good quality living accommodation and transport links.
Our MBA programme reflects the excellent standards of the Management School. Consultancy, Entrepreneurship and Leadership are the cornerstones of our MBA programme; you will graduate from the Sheffield MBA having gained academic insight and practical experience of all three of these disciplines. The Sheffield MBA programme provides opportunities for students to work with businesses of all shapes and sizes on live consultancy challenges. We also offer the students an opportunity to create their own business in our New Venture Planning module, which is judged by a team of investors. You can further internationalise your experience by having the opportunity to attend a European summer school.
We recognise that every individual has their own motivation and aspirations on an MBA problem and therefore our MBA is designed to meet the future needs of each individual, we achieve this by intentionally keeping our cohort sizes to a maximum of 40 students, allowing us to work with students on an individual basis throughout their study to help them achieve their future career goals.
Our Career Accelerator Programme is designed to help you achieve your potential. Throughout the year you will attend a number of masterclasses;
- Creative thinking
- Branding yourself
- Onboarding – your first 90 days
- Team building
These masterclasses are supplemented by a number of practical workshops which help you shape you CV and develop your career profile. You will be assigned a career coach who will help guide you towards your career goals.
Length of Program: 12 months
Starting Dates: September 2019
Minimum years of work experience:
Application deadlines: Rolling
Accreditation(s): AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015/16 position the university at 15th in the UK and 97th in the world
- We were ranked 14th in REF2014 (Research Excellence Framework, December 2014). Eighty-one per cent of our research is considered world leading or internationally excellent, and we are top five in the Russell Group for Research Impact
- The Sheffield MBA has been awarded Tier 1 status in the 2015 rankings from CEO Magazine
- The Sunday Times University Guide 2014 lists Sheffield at 18th in the UK. This league table is drawn up from criteria including student satisfaction, teaching and research quality, degree results achieved, student-staff ratios and graduate unemployment levels
Ratio of applicants to places: 18:1
Number of Nationalities: 16
Male to Female ratio: 50:50
Age Range: 25-57
Length of Work Experience: Average work experience is just under 10 years
TOEFL 100/IELTS 6.5
Tuition fees: £24,600