What is the Sobey MBA difference?
The Sobey MBA program emphasizes responsible leadership and immerses you in intercultural, unique local and international business experiences that will transform you and cultivate your innovation skills and entrepreneurial mindset. You will develop a strong network through the experienced international classmates you work with, as well as our extended community of alumni. You will graduate ready to take on new responsibilities and roles, and to make a positive impact on the world.
Our program is completed in 16 months, but is recognized as a two-year program. We have built the program around a cohort system, which means students are accepted for a September start each year.
Each year our students participate in an International Learning Experience.
We invite you to also explore our other grad programs:
MBA (CPA Stream)
MTEI (Master of Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
MAE (Master of Applied Economics)
MFin (Master of Finance)
MBA Full-time Corhort: 30-40 students per year
- An undergraduate degree (any discipline) from a recognized university with at least a B average (3.0 GPA) or equivalent.
- GMAT score of 550. We will also accept a GRE.
- 2 years of work experience strongly preferred, 3 years for those with a 3 year undergraduate degree.
- A test of English may be required.
- We look for demonstrated leadership qualities through your resume, short answer and essays, and video interview.
TOEFL and English Requirements
- If your first language is not English, or if you did not attend a school were the medium of instruction was entirely English, you must submit an official TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson score. Tests cannot be more than 2 years old.
- We require at least 100 on the TOEFL IBT with each section 20 or higher, with an Essay Rating of 5.0 or above.
- We require IELTS overall scores of 7.0 with no band below 6.0.
- We require Pearson scores of at least 65.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Canadian and Permanent Residents:
Program Start Date: September
Minimum time to completion: 16 months (full-time), 3 years (part-time)
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents:
Approximate Program Cost: $29,000* CAD (all fees and medical/dental included)
Approximate Program Cost: $43,000* CAD (all fees and medical/dental included)
Approximate cost of living: $15,000 - $20,000 CAD per year
*tuition and fees are approximate, as tuition is set annually for a 12-month period and subject to change in the final four months of the program