United Business Institute Brussels
Belgium - Luxembourg - China
United Business Institutes in Belgium and Luxembourg base themselves on 25 years of academic educational excellence in the heart of the European Capital. UBI’s programmes are based on the input of some of the renowned academics, managers, directors and CEOs that have been teaching at UBI since 1992. Our reputation is based on this unique quality of academic and professional integration, which we offer our students.
UBI’s classrooms have been meticulously crafted to provide the broadest international experience to the students. Having students and alumni from over 50 countries in the world, we consider diversity in our classrooms as our competitive advantage. While the program is designed to challenge you intellectually and personally and requires self-discipline and dedication, it is at the same time rewarding and enables you to acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to navigate easily in a multicultural environment.
The MBA will be a life-changing experience for you in a positive sense. We, the UBI team, are committed to providing you with the tools, resources and support that you may need in your road to academic and professional success. Our aim is to provide you with the best possible education in business. We can only do that with your effort and ambition. UBI’s international and professionally-driven programmes, which are taught in English, are validated by Middlesex University London and meet the most stringent British requirements as laid out by the QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education - UK).
As a student of UBI, you are now part of the quality-assured UBI international program, created and delivered by professionals and academics. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to further broaden your horizons.
Compulsory and optional modules: You have a list of 9 compulsory modules that you are to take to qualify for the MBA and a list of 4 optional modules that you can choose from. Depending on the number of students the optional modules will be offered if the sufficient number of students register for them.
To obtain an MBA degree you need to obtain 90 ECTS credits. Below is the list of your modules:
- Global Economic Environments 12
- Lead: people, teams and organisations 12
- Marketing Concepts and Practice 12
- Entrepreneurship, Technologies and Innovation 12
- Executive Accounting for Decision Making 12
- Finance and Capital Markets for Global Managers 12
- International Management Perspectives 12
- Data analysis and Operations Management 12
- International Business Strategy and Governance 12
- Optional course 12
- Business Transformation Project/Dissertation 60
- Lobbying & Negotiation 12
- International and European Law 12
- Global Communication Management 12
- Research Methods 12
The broad description of each module is available at www.ubi.edu/mbacourses
Dissertation/Business transformation project
Dissertation/Business transformation project is a major part of your MBA. It bears 60 ECTS credits and constitutes an essential part of your program. You may choose a practical project i.e. business transformation project or you can take more academic topic in the form of a dissertation. As a part of this module, you will be taking the Research methods module which is offered every year. For more details please refer to the module narrative.
In addition to your core and optional modules, you will need to take an international trip organised for you by UBI after you have taken most of the compulsory modules. The international trip is a key component to the MBA program at the United Business Institutes. Exploring dynamic world economies with knowledgeable faculty and fellow students provides you with an unforgettable and enriching experience. The international study trip focuses on the competitive, commercial, and cultural components of the global marketplace. The specific details of the international trip will be communicated in due course.
MBA Admission policies
UBI endeavours to accept only those candidates whose records indicate that they possess the qualities needed to achieve academic success and who are willing to participate in the program in the spirit of openness and tolerance.
- A completed application form. The form can be downloaded from our website (Only complete application files will be processed).
- A secondary school/high school diploma with official academic transcript and credentials (showing module names and grades).
- An undergraduate degree from a recognised institution or a minimum of five years of management work experience.
- Working experience of a minimum of two years will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English is essential (please see below ‘English Language Entry Requirements’).
- Two recommendation letters.
- Proof of identity in the form of a photocopy of either passport or national identity card.
Once the above documents are submitted and if it deemed necessary the applicant will be invited for a brief interview. Admission, or rejection of the application, is dependent upon approval by the Dean on the basis of the application file. In case of rejection, no appeal is possible.
English Language Entry Requirements
You must have competence in English language and we normally require Grade C GCSE or an equivalent qualification. The most common English Language requirements for international students are IELTS 6.5, TOEFL paper-based 575 or TOEFL internet-based 90. United Business Institutes also offers an Intensive Academic English course (Pre- Sessional). Successful completion of this course would meet English language entry requirements.
For details of other equivalent English language requirements that UBI accepts please contact the administrative assistant.
MBA Students who have gained credits on a recognised university degree programme elsewhere may apply for a Credit Transfer. All such applications must be supported by sufficient official academic records and transcripts. Successful applications are dependent upon approval by the Dean and the Middlesex University Moderator.
UBI offers two intakes onto the MBA degree programme: one in September (autumn) and one in February (spring). For those MBA students who commence studies in the autumn, September will mark the commencement and August of the following year as the end of the academic year (after final assessment of the dissertation). For those students who commence studies in the spring, January will mark the commencement and February of the following year the end of the academic year (after final assessment of the dissertation).
Tuition fees: 10,800.00€ per semester, 21,600.00€ per year.
The following course-related costs are included in the fees:
- A printed version of the syllabus
- An electronic version of all other essential reading materials
- Access to online resources
- International trip to a business hub and organized accompanying seminars, workshops and cultural events.
- Extra-curriculum activities organized by UBI, including master-class presentations, guest speakers, seminars, conferences or workshops.
+32 2 548 0482
MBA Program Director
+32 2 548 0482
+32 2 548 0480
Director of Marketing and Student Affairs
+32 489 28 42 20
Johnathan von Fürstenmühl
+32 492 79 86 12