University of Massachusetts Boston
Boston's only public business school
MBA students in NYC
UMass Boston's MBA is a streamlined 12-course, AACSB-accredited, immersive business program with no prerequisites. The College of Management welcomes various academic backgrounds in either business, liberal arts, engineering, or the sciences, to name a few. You can complete it on a full-time or part-time basis, online or on campus. Classes meet in the evenings, typically just once a week, either in Downtown Boston or on the transit-accessible UMass Boston campus.
Throughout the program, you’ll develop the necessary skills needed to tackle the most complex business decisions with the option to customize your MBA degree with one of our 11 unique specializations. View the curriculum.
Components of a complete application include:
- Online application
- Official transcripts, translated if applicable
- Two letters of recommendation, professional and/or academic
- GMAT or GRE scores. The College of Management is currently not requiring test scores through Spring 2022 semester start due to the pandemic. Please check the College's website for updated information. Pre-pandemic, the College had a robust GMAT/GRE waiver policy taking into account an applicant's undergraduate grade point average (GPA), professional work experience, or possession of an advanced degree. The minimum GMAT and GRE scores to apply are 520 and 310, respectively.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores, if applicable
- Personal statement, 2-3 pages articulating why you are pursuing this degree
- Current resume, highlighting academic, professional, and civic activities
- Application fee, $75 U.S. dollars
The Process: Applicants' documents are processed and compiled through the Office of Graduate Studies & Admissions at UMass Boston. Once your application is complete with its supporting documentation, it will be forwarded to the College of Management for academic review. An official accept/deny email will be sent via the Office of Graduate Studies & Admissions and a welcome email from the College, should the applicant be accepted into the program. The College of Management reviews applications frequently and applicants are notified within weeks of their academic review.
Once accepted, you will be required to make a non-refundable deposit to secure your spot in the program and ability to register for courses. The Graduate Programs Office within the College of Management will serve as your advisor and help you navigate the onboarding and registration process.
As a public university, tuition is based on a student's federal residency, i.e. in-state, out-of-state, or international.
Students have numerous flexible tuition options to choose from when pursuing their MBA at UMass Boston. One new opportinity is the One-Price Tuition Option (OPTO), an MBA with a locked-in rate of $25,000.* MBA students can opt into this program any time before the start of ther 2nd semester and have up to 5 years to complete the degree.
This guaranteed tution option is designed for flexible learning, including online. International students can take up to 2 in-person classes per semester to meet international students' F1-visa requirements. Note: Full-time status is considered taking a minimum of 3 courses (9 credits) per semester - up to a max of 4 courses.