University of Rochester - Simon Business School
Simon MBA: More than a credential.
Every component of the Simon MBA was designed with your career goals in mind—small class sizes, an elite cohort, an analytics-based curriculum, and expert career coaching.
In addition, Simon is the only business school in the US with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)-designated option for each of its full-time MBA specializations. A STEM-designated MBA can help you stand out in the job market and gives international students the ability to extend their Optional Practical Training (OPT) for an additional 24 months, for a total of three years of US work eligibility without H1B sponsorship.
Earn an MBA that’s more than a credential in a community that’s small by design and intentional in its inclusiveness. In two years, you’ll build your professional network and create lasting and meaningful relationships with peers, faculty, and staff. Those connections matter: 91% of the Class of 2020 accepted job offers within three months of graduation at leading employers such as Amazon, Analysis Group, Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, Gartner, Google, Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, and Starbucks, just to name a few.
Type of Course: Two-Year Full-Time MBA
Accreditation: Simon Business School has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International (AACSB) since 1966.
Rankings: Financial Times: No. 13 in the US and No. 21 in the world among the top MBAs for women (2018), No. 9 in the US and No. 19 in the world among the top MBAs for entrepreneurship (2018), No. 5 in the world for finance and No. 4 in the world for economics (2019); The Economist: No. 16 overall among US business schools, No. 3 in the US for ROI based on percentage increase on pre-MBA salary (2021); U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 most diverse MBA program among top-50 business schools (2021); Bloomberg Businessweek: No. 29 overall among US business schools, No. 4 among US business schools for learning (2019); Poets & Quants' 2018 MBA Program of the Year
Starting Date: July
Application Deadlines: October 15, January 5, February 15, March 31, May 1
- Average age is 28 years
- 4.9 average years of work experience
- 58% male and 42% female
- 19 countries of origin
- 46% of US students are African American, Black, Latin American, or Hispanic American
- Undergraduate degrees include: 32% Humanities and Social Sciences, 29% Business and Commerce, 15% Engineering, 13% Math and Science, and 11% Economics
All data for the MBA Class of 2022 is accurate as of August 2020.
GMAT/GRE: Middle 80% on GMAT is 540-720; Middle 80% on GRE Quantitative is 147-163; Middle 80% on GRE Verbal is 149-163
University Degree: Bachelor's required
Language Fluency: English
English Language Exam: TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test accepted, but is waived for applicants who have attended 3 or more academic years (at least 6 semesters/9 quarters/9 trimesters, not including summers) of post-secondary education taught solely in English and received a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a college or university where English was the language of instruction.
All data accurate as of August 2020.
Application fee: $90
Estimated cost of living per year: $13,300
Scholarships available: All candidates are eligible to be considered for merit scholarships; in fact, 85% of students receive a scholarship from Simon, ranging from $5,000 to full tuition
- Mexico Online Event Oct._2021 - Oct 16, 2021
- Argentina Chile Bolivia Paraguay Uruguay Online Event Oct._2021 - Oct 20, 2021
- Peru Ecuador Online Event Oct._2021 - Oct 23, 2021
- Colombia Costa Rica Panama Venezuela Online Event Oct._2021 - Oct 28, 2021
- Brazil Online Event Oct._2021 - Oct 30, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in Houston - Nov 2, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in Los Angeles - Nov 6, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in San Francisco - Nov 7, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in Chicago - Nov 9, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in New York - Nov 13, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in Washington DC - Nov 16, 2021
- Access MBA Tour in Toronto - Nov 18, 2021