John Molson School of Business - Concordia University
Developing next-generation business leaders.
No matter where you are in your career, we’ve got a program to suit your needs.
The John Molson School of Business has maintained its AACSB International accreditation which represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide and was granted Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification status by the Canada Green Building Council.
Who We are
Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business is a world-class business school that offers an approachable and collegial atmosphere. It is led by accessible and engaged faculty members, committed to academic excellence in teaching and research, who exchange ideas with dynamic students to shape the business world of the future and to contribute to society in a meaningful way. Our fascinating history has shaped our values, strengths and vision for the future. The product of a merger between two key educational institutions, we remain deeply rooted in the Montreal community and committed to the ideals of its founders.
Embedded in the Community
Loyola College offered a classical Jesuit education that promoted rigorous critical thinking and service to others. Sir George Williams University, named after the founder of the YMCA movement for adult education, provided a place where people could study part-time at the university level while working. When these two institutions came together in 1974 to form Concordia, they forged a university where accessibility continues to play an important role. In addition to its world-renowned full-time programs, the John Molson School of Business still offers many different options to part-time students who seek to improve their business knowledge. Our continued commitment to social justice is evident in the activities of John Molson School of Business ’ faculty, students and staff, who regularly help raise awareness and funds for community needs and causes.
Excellence in Experiential Learning
Serving the working community has shaped John Molson School of Business ’ views on education, leading to the development of initiatives that give students the opportunity to apply what they learn in class in the work environment.
Respect for the Individual
At the core of the Jesuit and YMCA philosophy is a profound respect for the individual. The belief that everyone is entitled to a chance for self-improvement is evident at the John Molson School of Business on a daily basis in the respectful exchange of ideas across a diversity of people, cultures and opinions.
In 2000, the Molson family made a generous contribution to Concordia University. To honour the Molson family’s commitment, the Faculty of Commerce and Administration was renamed the John Molson School of Business, recognizing one of Montreal’s greatest industrialists and philanthropists. His spirit lives on at the John Molson School of Business as we address the changing face of business with our new strategic plan.
Master of Business Administration (full-time & part-time MBA)
Practical. Flexible. Experiential.
Study full-time or part-time and develop the kind of big-picture business thinking that employers want. This new 45-credit offering by the John Molson School of Business is a refresh of John Molson School of Business' flagship program which has been consistently recognized in international rankings.
- 2 admissions per year: September and January
- Complete the program on a full-time or part-time basis
- Classes offered in mornings, afternoons, evenings, and some also on the weekend
- Learn and gain MBA credits beyond the traditional classroom
- Choose a specialization via a personal choice of electives or suggested cross-disciplinary themes
- Connect with both full-time and part-time students, faculty and the business community
John Molson Executive MBA
The Complete Executive.
Underlying all aspects of the John Molson EMBA is the notion of developing leaders who are committed to continuous learning, their personal and professional development and making a positive contribution to their communities. We call this type of individual the “complete executive.”
- September admission
- We have created the unique Leadership Effectiveness and Development (LEAD) Coaching program to support John Molson EMBA students in developing their leadership potential
- JMSB Executives Connect module exposes students to business leaders and experts who are shaping the business world today
- Classes are held once a week on alternate Fridays and Saturdays
- The four-term program is completed over a 20-month period
- Our seven-day international study trip takes place in May, at the end of the second term. Meals and refreshments are provided
MBA in Investment Management in Toronto & Montreal
The world's only MBA program that fully integrates the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) Body of Knowledge™ into its curriculum
Offered through Concordia's Goodman Institute of Investment Management, this program's combined curriculum permits students to study towards two world-recognized designations simultaneously. Our students have CFA Level 1 pass rates that often double the worldwide rate.
- September admission
- Classes are held Wednesday evenings and all day Saturdays
- Classes are offered both in the heart of Toronto’s financial district and in downtown Montreal.
- Classes are held concurrently using state of the art video conferencing technology.
- Professors lecture in person on alternate weeks
- Our class sizes are limited to a maximum of 30 students per city.
We look for students with real-world work experience, solid academic credentials (GPA of 3.0 or higher), a strong GMAT score, clear career objectives, strong intellectual ability with leadership potential, superior interpersonal and communication skills, motivation, maturity, and a commitment to excellence. Additional criteria, such as a record of active community involvement (although not required), may also be taken into consideration. Click below for detailed admission criteria for each program.
- Master of Business Administration (full-time & part-time MBA)
- John Molson Executive MBA
- MBA in Investment Management
Tuition & aid
The John Molson School of Business' full-time & part-time MBA is the most affordable of all AACSB-accredited schools in North America because our program is highly subsidized by the Quebec government. In addition, the cost of living in Montreal is significantly lower than in most other large North American cities. Fees are subject to change and are in Canadian Dollars.
All-inclusive tuition fees are $75,000 for two years and they cover all you will need during your graduate business education with us;
- All your textbooks, reading material, and class binders
- Deluxe EMBA briefcase
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments on class days
- All costs related to the Healthy Executive module (link Healthy Executive to the appropriate section), including PERFORM Centre membership
- All costs related to the LEAD Coaching module (link to module) including individual coaching by trained certified professional coaches
- 24/7 access to study rooms and computer lab
- Special administrative support
- All social functions (e.g., cocktails, outings, etc.)
- International study trip (including airfare, lodging and 90% of your meals and social functions while on the trip)
Fees can be paid in three ways:
- Up front, in a single payment
- In two equal instalments of $37,500 at the start of each academic year
- In monthly payments over each academic year (September to April)
Our all-inclusive annual tuition fee is $18,000*, payable on September 15 of each year.
This fee includes:
All MBA courses
CFA preparatory week and study material (one per year)
Special activities, which may include:
Interview skills workshop
Career networking services
Exam writing skills workshop
CFA Institute-approved calculator
Travel and hotel expenses (Toronto and Montreal), when necessary
*Please note: This fee does not include CFA membership or CFA exam fees.