John Molson School of Business - Concordia University
Developing next-generation business leaders.
MBA-CFA student: Zehan Shen
Video conferencing (Montreal-Toronto)
John Molson School of Business Dean Anne-Marie Croteau
Classroom experience 2
Molson Building lounge
Molson Building Lounge 2
John Molson in Montreal
Street view of John Molson School of Business
No matter where you are in your career, we’ve got a program to suit your needs.
The John Molson School of Business has maintained its AACSB International accreditation which represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide and was granted Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification status by the Canada Green Building Council.
Who We are
Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business is a world-class business school that offers an approachable and collaborative atmosphere. It is led by accessible and engaged faculty members, committed to academic excellence in teaching and research, who exchange ideas with dynamic students to shape the business world of the future and to contribute to society in a meaningful way. Our fascinating history has shaped our values, strengths and vision for the future. The product of a merger between two key educational institutions, we remain deeply rooted in the Montreal community and committed to the ideals of its founders.
Make your MBA mark in three different ways:
At the John Molson School of Business, students can choose one of three paths for their MBA journey.
The Full-Time and Part-Time MBA programs address issues of a global economy through an interdisciplinary general management perspective. The MBA in Investment Management enables students to work towards both the MBA and the CFA charter designations simultaneously while building their network in Canada’s two financial hubs, Montreal and Toronto. The Executive MBA program is for leaders with extensive work experience who are committed to their academic, personal and professional development. All three programs offer convenient scheduling that allow candidates to continue working while studying. Our experiential and case-based programs prepare our diverse students for success in a competitive job market, demonstrated by our 97% placement rate within 3 months of graduation.
Master of Business Administration (full-time & part-time MBA)
Practical. Flexible. Experiential.
Study full-time or part-time and develop the big-picture business thinking that employers want. This 45-credit offering by the John Molson School of Business is the school's flagship program which has been consistently recognized in international rankings and stands out with its impressive 97% placement rate within 3 months of graduation.
- 2 admissions per year: September and January
- Complete the program on a full-time or part-time basis
- Classes offered in mornings, afternoons, evenings, and some also on the weekend
- Learn and gain MBA credits beyond the traditional classroom (co-op, experiental electives, international exchange, etc.)
- Choose a specialization via a personal choice of electives or suggested cross-disciplinary themes (ie: Business analytics, Entrepreneurship and family firms, People and organizations, Consulting and strategy, Globalization)
- Network and connect with both full-time and part-time students, faculty and the local business community
John Molson Executive MBA
Become a Complete Executive.
The John Molson Executive MBA program produces leaders who flourish in times of ambiguity and fast-paced change. Quebec's first Executive MBA, our program is rooted in real-world experience with a focus on business fundamentals, innovation, global integration and change for the future. We strive to develop leaders who are committed to continuous learning, their personal and professional development and making a positive contribution to their communities.
- September admission
- We have created the unique Leadership Effectiveness and Development (LEAD) Coaching program to support John Molson EMBA students in developing their leadership potential
- JMSB Executives Connect module exposes students to business leaders and experts who are shaping the business world today
- Classes are held once a week on alternate Fridays and Saturdays
- The four-term program is completed over a 20-month period
- Our seven-day international study trip takes place in May, at the end of the second term. Meals and refreshments are provided
MBA in Investment Management in Toronto & Montreal
Get the skills you need to break into the Investment Management industry. Earn the MBA that will take your career to the next level.
Offered through Concordia's Goodman Institute of Investment Management, this program's combined curriculum permits students to study towards two world-recognized designations simultaneously while building their network in Canada's two financial hubs Montreal and Toronto. Our students have CFA Level 1 pass rates that consistently double the worldwide rate. We are the world's only MBA program that fully integrates the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) Body of Knowledge™ into its curriculum
- September admission
- Classes are held Wednesday evenings and all day Saturdays
- Classes are offered both in the heart of Toronto’s financial district and in downtown Montreal.
- Classes are held concurrently using state of the art video conferencing technology.
- Professors lecture in person on alternate weeks
- Our class sizes are limited to a maximum of 30 students per city.
We look for students with real-world work experience, solid academic credentials (GPA of 3.0 or higher), a strong GMAT score, clear career objectives, strong intellectual ability with leadership potential, superior interpersonal and communication skills, motivation, maturity, and a commitment to excellence. Additional criteria, such as a record of active community involvement (although not required), may also be taken into consideration. Click below for detailed admission criteria for each program.
- Master of Business Administration (full-time & part-time MBA)
- John Molson Executive MBA
- MBA in Investment Management
Tuition & aid
The John Molson School of Business' full-time & part-time MBA is the most affordable of all AACSB-accredited schools in North America because our program is highly subsidized by the Quebec government. In addition, the cost of living in Montreal is significantly lower than in most other large North American cities. Fees are subject to change and are in Canadian Dollars.
All-inclusive tuition fees are $75,000 for two years and they cover all you will need during your graduate business education with us;
- All your textbooks, reading material, and class binders
- Deluxe EMBA briefcase
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments on class days
- All costs related to the Healthy Executive module (link Healthy Executive to the appropriate section), including PERFORM Centre membership
- All costs related to the LEAD Coaching module (link to module) including individual coaching by trained certified professional coaches
- 24/7 access to study rooms and computer lab
- Special administrative support
- All social functions (e.g., cocktails, outings, etc.)
- International study trip (including airfare, lodging and 90% of your meals and social functions while on the trip)
Fees can be paid in three ways:
- Up front, in a single payment
- In two equal instalments of $37,500 at the start of each academic year
- In monthly payments over each academic year (September to April)
Our all-inclusive annual tuition fee is $22,000 (local) / $27,000 (international) payable on September 15 of each year.
This fee includes:
All MBA courses
CFA preparatory week and study material (one per year)
Special activities, which may include:
- Interview skills workshops
- Career networking services
- Exam writing skills workshop
- Industry speaker series
CFA Institute-approved calculator
Travel and hotel expenses (Toronto and Montreal), when necessary
*Please note: This fee does not include CFA membership or CFA exam fees.